January 24, 2013

My Newest Blog Discovery

Everyone knows that one of my favorite blogs to read is Katie's Kisses-The Journey. She lives a dream that I once had in my own heart as a child. The great visions that I had I see come true through her. Because of her, I have a heart for Uganda and it's people. I know that the Lord changed my path of going to school to become a Dental Hygienist because He has greater plans to use me over seas as a nurse. I may never be full time like Katie but I will meet her one day. I will see the ground of Uganda and allow the Lord to use me for His people.

A sweet friend of mine shared another blog today on her facebook. As I read it brought to mind Katie and her journey and I realized how many missionaries there are that actually give their lives full time into ministry. When we homeschooled we read many stories of old missionaries that experienced the divine move of God, heard His audible voice, and seen miracles that we only read about in God's word.

It never stopped.

Why yes, I knew this, but..... some how I guess it hadn't sunk in.

I love reading of the journeys that others take that I can only at the present dream of.

Now, I'm not saying that I am not used here and now by and for the Lord but I can admit that I am not totally immersed in Him.

If you want to be stirred. If you want to be fed. Share in the journey of these ladies who have given their all. Pray for these countries that have no medical care. Pray for the children that are sold as sex slaves and that have no hope or future.

Read Life That Matters and you will see what I mean.

Father God awaken us. Create in me a hunger. Draw me close to Thee and use me for Your purposes. Let me be a light that shines. I have several that I see everyday that need You. Open the doors. Prepare their hearts. In Jesus name. Amen.

(All of the blogs in my blog roll column have something to offer, so if you are ever hunting check them out.)

No comments: