February 21, 2008

My Father's World 1st (Update 2)

These are the next three illustrations in Meadow's My Father's World Notebook. Hee hee look at those big eyes. She was being silly.
This picture is titled "The Story of Noah"

We studied the colors of the rainbow and the promise of God to never flood the world again. We researched the measurements of the ark and determined it was huge! :) Meadow made a boat out of aluminum foil and dropped pennies in it until it sank. So much fun!

This one is titled "Tower of Babel" We discussed different nationalities, languages and how to communicate. We looked into how God created us all different and how we are each very unique.
Meadow memorized Psalms 30:5 Every word of God is flawless; he is a shield to those who take refuge in him.
And this one is titled "A Son for Abraham" We discussed faith and patience. How God's timing is perfect and we must seek His will and not our own. We learned that we are not to doubt God but are to stand firm on His word.

Meadow memorized Psalms 11:25 A generous man will prosper; he who refreshes others will himself be refreshed. What a delightful word from the Lord!
Here Meadow is doing some seat work in the kitchen for her daddy. I love the way she concentrates so hard on writing neatly.
This day was a great home school day. Just look at this smile!
The last few weeks have been tough. It must be the confinement from the cold outside. There was a lot of bickering in the home but now we are on the other end and things are picking up again. We kept moving and I'm so glad we did. Some days can be so hard that I second guess myself. I ask the Lord, " Is this really what you want me doing?" Its after the storm that I can look back and see the progress and things learned from the trial. Home schooling for us is like a long race. If you stop in the middle you don't finish. Its not winning that is most important its finishing the race. That is when we will see the results of what the Lord has called us to do. I must be faithful, slow and steady. I must trust Him and be patient. And that smile keeps me going!

5 comments:

Susan said...

The first 4 pictures showed on my blog, the last 5 didn't!! Loved the first one with her big eyes and enjoyed seeing her work.

I never home schooled, it was not something around at that time. I admire you whom God has called to do so. I'm sure it is not always easy. But then, that is life isn't it in all avenues HE calls us to.
Susan

Karen Hossink said...

"It's after the storm that I can look back and see the progress and things learned from the trial."
Amen to that, sister!
Keep your eyes fixed upon HIM.

Betsy said...

My dd is really enjoying MFW 1st grade and making pictures for the Bible notebook.

Hen Jen said...

what a really cool homeschool day! I really enjoyed having a peak into the MFW curriculum, and her illustrations are wonderful!!

thanks for sharing!

pearlie said...

Wonderful girls you have and beautiful! Love the first picture of this one :)