March 12, 2008

Moving Right Along

I am into week three of changing my eating habits and trying to move more. The weather has been beautiful the last few days and I have been taking Roxy out for nice walks enjoying the Lord's creations. Weigh ins are on Fridays and I don't have a scale in the house. Before I started changing my way of eating I had gone to the doctor with Tony and while we were there we discussed our weight problems. I weighed while there and I decided upon leaving her office to make some changes as I had gained 9 pounds since December. So every Friday I have been driving back to the doctor's office and asking to use their scale to weigh on. ;) How kewel is that? It keeps me from weighing everyday which use to discourage me especially if I had done well and stepped on the scale only to see I'd gained a pound! Then I'd just give up. So I like weighing in once a week and I know if I had a scale here I would give in and get on it...so no scales right now!!

I decided to eat low carb because its what has worked the best for me in the past. It clears my skin and curbs my appetite. I couldn't make it on weight watchers because I always went over my points. When I am eating more carbs than I set for myself each day I make sure that they are in fruits, whole wheats and healthy foods. Healthy carbs and not junk food. My portions have naturally cut way back and I feel so energized. I know I'm losing because my jeans are already getting baggy. I'll post my total weight loss this Friday.

I'm just so happy to be doing something about it! It has taken me so long to just care. I appreciate any and all prayers that you all could offer me! Thanks!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I'm doing ww. I had to recommit myself yesterday! I'll keep you in my prayers.

Susan said...

Good for you, Jenileigh!!!!
Susan

StormySkies said...

Wow!! Sounds like you are doing great. I really enjoy your blog.

Mrs. C said...

That's great!

Simms and I have been changing our habits too. It has to be a lifestyle change for us rather than a diet. If it isn't then we will just go back to our old ways.

I've been contemplating writing a post about it and now, after reading yours, I think I'm going to. :)

I'll definitely keep you in my prayers!

Anonymous said...

we are trying to get healthy in my house too! Sounds like you are on a great path towards good health!
~marky~

poor man's nicole richie said...

just keep it up! no shortcut to achieving a healthy body.
I had problems gaining weight. I was too depressed to eat. i took in some steroids to boost my appetite then i started to have acne and palpitations.
btw, i like your template. how did you make it? i want to spruce up mine after i finish my review in May.
God Bless!
p.s. I came from the church this morning for our church's Holy Supper. I feel so blessed meeting CWO although I'm not a christian. I feel inspired reading your wonderful bible quotes.

Morning Sniffles