March 31, 2008

Spring Operation Weight Off


mom weight loss

Jen over at One Mom's World is hosting a weigh loss challenge called Spring Operation Weight off for Mom's. We are blogging our current weight if comfortable and how much we desire to lose and then will be posting our weekly loss on Mondays. I'm so excited! I began a weight loss challenge 5 weeks ago and have currently loss 18 and I'm looking forward to taking off another 46!

My weight came of course with my pregnancies. After my second daughter I had gained 60 pounds. In 1998 I lost 60 pounds and I felt great. Two years after that I was blessed with another child and AFTER the pregnancy during nursing I gained it all back. I starved and didn't move and ate a lot of junk. Since then I haven't been able to commit long enough to lose it again. I want this year to be different.

So today my current weigh in is 181. My current goal is to lose 46 more pounds which will put me at 135. Visit Jen over at One Mom's World to join this challenge and to see other women who have stepped up to the plate to do something about their health! If you are participating please sign Mr. Linky!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

We're in the same boat together, I'm starting out at 179. I just had my second child seven months ago. My goal 140 or 130. I'd be happy with either. We can do this together! Congrats on the weight you've already lost!

Tea with Tiffany said...

I wish you much success in your weight loss. You are moving in the right direction for your health.

Anonymous said...

Good job. I am once again recommitting myself to my weight loss plan. I bought a treadmill and feel terrible that I haven't used it like I should. Matt has mentioned that many times! I never considered myself an emotional eater, but food is the one thing I can give myself to calm any mood. I am kinda feeling like a bit of a failure in the diet area especially today, but am hoping I can get my act together and do all the things I know I need to do to get back on track.

Karen Hossink said...

Good for you Jenileigh!
I have been working out regularly for the past four months or so and I feel so good. I will certainly enjoy watching your progress and encouraging you to keep going!

Anonymous said...

We can do it!!! I'm so happy you all are on board with me. I know I can do this if people are holding me accountable. Our stories are really similar. (((HUGS)))

Mississippi Songbird said...

That is wonderful! Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Good for you! I also have some weight to lose and have been trying to work out regularly, but time is always an issue. I love to exercise, but there is just not enough hours in the day, or enough muscles in my mouth to keep it shut!

Shari said...

I just found out about this. It sounds motivational, so I'm joining in, too. But I'm not brave enough to put my post on my front page, so I'm hiding it in the back of my blog. That is great that you have already lost 18.

Front Porch Society said...

Left a reply to a comment you made on Sheri's site about how you are trying to raise your children. I hope what I wrote can be of help! :)

Kristen said...

Good luck on your goal! You can do it.

marky said...

Great Plan jenileigh! It is so much easier to lose weight with a support system.
Sorry that you missed the excitement of the weekend, but glad your family is feeling better.

bp said...

You're doing a great job so far on your weight loss! I need to get back in my exercising routine.

lori said...

YOU GO GIRL!!!
You know we are all in it together...supporting each other!

I know that there is no time like today to be healthy for tomorrow!

Good luck! and Keep moving in that direction....

peace!
Just stopping by to say hello!!
lori

Anonymous said...

Lovely site you got here. I really loved it. I wish you success in all your endeavors particularly in your weight loss. Thanks for commenting on my blog. Sorry if it was only now that I was able to return the favor since I wasn't feeling very well brought about by pregnancy during the past week.God bless! :-)

Anonymous said...

Good luck! I have written many articles of advice on my site. Most are things we all know, but find hard to stick too. The biggest thing is support from those around you. And daily congratulations from yourself when you see the progress.