February 11, 2008

Is there a Catfish in Your Tank?

Is There a Catfish in Your Tank?

"Do not marvel, my brethren, if the world hates you." (1 John 3:13)
I heard a story about some fish suppliers who were having problems shipping codfish from the East Coast. By the time the fish reached the West coast, they were spoiled. They froze them, but by the time the fish arrived, they were mushy. They decided to send them alive. But the fish arrived dead so they tried sending the fish alive again, but with one difference. They included a catfish in each tank. You see, the catfish is the natural enemy of the codfish. By the time the codfish arrived, they were alive and well, because they had spent their trip fleeing the catfish.


This is my point. Maybe God has put a catfish in your tank to keep you alive and well spiritually. It's called persecution. Maybe there's a person at work who always has eight hard questions for you every Monday morning regarding spiritual things. Maybe it is that neighbor who is giving you a hard time for your faith in Jesus. Maybe it is a spouse or family member who doesn't believe. You are wondering why this is happening. It is like that catfish. That person is keeping you on your toes.

Shortly before His crucifixion, Jesus told the disciples, "If you were of the world, the world would love its own. Yet because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you" (John 15:19).

God will allow persecution in the life of the believer. If you're experiencing persecution, here are two things to remember:
Persecution confirms that you are a child of God.
Persecution causes you to cling closer to Jesus.


When you are suffering persecution for your faith, remember that this world is not your home. ~~~~~

This came in my e-mail the other day and it touched me so. I just love it when the Lord gives me revelation. He used this to speak so plainly to me. I just want to shine for my Jesus. I want to surrender all of me to Him. I want this flesh to cease so that I can reflect my Abba Daddy. I love you Jesus!!! I am so glad this world is not my home!! Halellujah!

2 comments:

Annie said...

I have thought that too so many times, when the enemy seems to be coming at us the hardest I know we're on the right track.

Susan said...

Thanks for sharing this. So true!!
Susan