April 10, 2008

Thankful Thursday




Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord. 23 For the husband is head of the wife, as also Christ is head of the church; and He is the Savior of the body. 24 Therefore, just as the church is subject to Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in everything. 25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself for her, 26 that He might sanctify and cleanse her with the washing of water by the word, 27 that He might present her to Himself a glorious church, not having spot or wrinkle or any such thing, but that she should be holy and without blemish. 28 So husbands ought to love their own wives as their own bodies; he who loves his wife loves himself. 29 For no one ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it, just as the Lord does the church. 30 For we are members of His body, of His flesh and of His bones. 31 "For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh." 32 This is a great mystery, but I speak concerning Christ and the church. 33 Nevertheless let each one of you in particular so love his own wife as himself, and let the wife see that she respects her husband.


I found this scripture because the Lord had been giving me the verse that says "washing in the water of the word". I had no idea that this scripture was included here with the scripture on Marriage. The Lord has been pouring scripture into me that I know He is wanting me to study. This one hit me pretty hard because as of late I've not been submitting to my husband. Its so hard to submit willing and trustfully without first putting in my two cents and making it clear when I don't agree. Now I'm not saying I shouldn't have input or an opinion but I've crossed the line. My husband honors me. He cherishes me. He loves me just as Christ loves His church. Tony truly desires nothing MORE than he desires for me to trust him. For me to allow him to lead us. For me to say "ok honey, God is leading you so I'll stand beside you in this."

So today I am thankful for my husband. I'm thankful for his patience with me because I know its by the grace of God that he doesn't just simply explode!! I'm thankful for second chances, and thirds, and fourths....I'm thankful for the Lord's gentle nudging and how He always opens my eyes to situations at hand even if I can be slow at realizing it.

I'm thankful for the internet, the blogoshere, my homeschooling boards, my e-mail, my friends, the ministry and every gift from my Father. I'm thankful for the fast the Lord is calling me to. I'm going to miss you all but I'm thankful the Lord is drawing me close to Him. I'm thankful I can ask you all to pray for me! Tomorrow I'm going to post my give away and say a farewell. I will be praying for each of you and looking forward to seeing you when I return. I pray each of you have a wonderfully blessed Thankful Thursday and blessed thankful everydays until we meet again. I love you all!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen (can I call you that?).

This is truly a good reminder to us wives. Thanks. I feel the same way as you do sometimes -and it's good that there are instances (and there's God's words) to remind us to honor our husbands.

God bless you-and your family.

Susan said...

Hey Jenileigh,

Wow, this was good. I'm so glad you are studying the word and open to what God is teaching you.

We all need to be reminded of this for sure!

Blessings♥

Tracy said...

Beautiful post. Thank you for sharing what God is teaching you. I struggle with submission at times, too. This was a great reminder.

I'll be praying for your fast.

Thanks for your stopping by and welcoming me yesterday!

Blessings,
Tracy

Forgetfulone said...

Thank you for sending me positive feelings. This is a great scripture that you included today, and you are an inspiration.

Heather said...

What a powerful verse and to realize the context of your marriage is so important. We need to wash ourselves in His word regulalry, don't we?

lori said...

We will miss you too...but you gotta do what you are CALLED to do....
and you know what that will be AMAZING time...

you be blessed in it....
and like Pippi Longstocking says, "if you don't leave....you can't come back!"

Happy Thursday....I'm thankful too for that MAN GOD gave me to love too!!
hugs,
lori

bp said...

Thank you for this reminder. I hope you are blessed in your time away, I look forward to hearing about what God is doing in your life.

Amadis said...

That really is so true. I need to practice so when I get here it may not be so hard.
Thanks for that encouraging post
Amadis

Unknown said...

Drawing near to Him should take priority over everything! I pray that your time with the Father is rewarding and stretching, and that He reveals more of Himself to you!!

Have a blessed day!

eph2810 said...

I pray that your fast is going to be refreshing to you and that He will give you the desires of your heart to know Him even more.

Yes - the respect is what our beloveds need. I took me a while in our marriage to grasp this...Am I always respectful - I pray I am.

Be blessed my sweet friend...until your return.

Susan said...

True happiness for a wife comes only in truly submitting to her husband. Took me some time to learn that one, too, Jenileigh but believe me it is worth it. Obedience to every bit of God's word!!!
Susan

Shari said...

I'm thankful for my husband, too. We are both fortunate that they are Christian men, wanting to grow closer to Jesus. I have a feeling that I'm going to be tested in the submission area soon. My husband will be back home in a few days. (He's been away working for almost 2 1/2 months.) This last 2 1/2 months, I've been running the house and 5 kids - my way. It will be interesting as we transition back to normal.

Stephanie said...

Jenileigh,
Selfishly, I will miss you! You are so encouraging to all of us in blogland. I do totally understand you feeling led to draw closer to God.
I will be praying for you during your fast!
Hugs,
Stephanie

Anonymous said...

I so admire your transparency in this post!! I've had to cut back on my online time in the past, too. I had never thought of a fast. What a wonderful idea!! I pray that it will go well for you and you will be renewed in His love and grace.

I also really wanted to thank you for your kind comment on my blog a couple of days ago. I had a really bad week and even took a few days off of blogging myself. When I saw your comment, saying my writing had touched you, it meant so much to me!! Thanks!!

I'll look forward to your return!!