April 22, 2012

Accepted

I cannot believe it -though I don't know why- but I've been accepted into the ADN (Associates Degree Nursing or Registered Nursing) program at the college I applied to! I'm so excited and yet scared to death. I've been working over a year full-time while attending college full-time to gain all of the prerequisites and any extra class I could get out of the way and even though I'm just beginning this journey I feel like I'm at the end of a big one too!

At the end of one.

Getting ready to begin another.

The waiting was hard. As hard as I tried to not be anxious and have total peace I just couldn't, not every moment. I knew I'd prayed so hard. I knew that God was in control. I knew that He would choose my path because I'd asked Him to close doors and open doors that I may know the path to take.

He did.

Either way I would have been fine. Honest-I really would have. I would have worked another year and reapplied.

Savannah Sky checked the mail for me that day. She asked,"momma do you want me to open it?" "Yes," I replied, "read it word for word."

When she read that I had been accepted she was screaming and I was silent. She asked me, "Mom? Are you there? Are you okay?" "Yes, baby, momma is fine," I whispered, "I'm just at work and I have to be quiet."

In all honestly I was crying. The tears came and I trembled. I hadn't realized how badly I really wanted this.

Thank-You Father. Thank-You so much for blessing me over and over when I deserve nothing. Thank-You for caring about even the smallest of things. Thank-You for being in control. Keep Your hand over me, protect and guide me. Keep my heart focused and full of You. Use me everyday of my journey to help, to love, to reach someone.

Prepare the way.

Prepare the way.

This vision that You've given me gives me goosebumps. I get so excited I want to jump forward in time a few years, but I know, I've much to do, I've much to learn. Every moment, I'm thankful for.

Draw me closer to You Father.

In Jesus name I pray, Amen.

No comments: