September 13, 2013

My Cheerleader

I can't remember if I've talked a lot about the changes for Meadow that we have made this year. I'm thinking I did mention it. We've changed her school for her 7th grade year and we are right at a month into school and I'm so happy to report that she is doing awesome.

I love the new school. The security is better, there are more staff to student ratio, and the best news of all is that Meadow has met no resistance- which means- NO BULLYING at her new school. There is less drama and she is more focused on her academics.

She has a new boost of confidence in herself that I knew was hiding in there. I'm so glad it's surfacing. She's made new friends. Her grades have come up. I'm just so happy.

It was a tough decision to make because you never know how things are going to play out. You want to teach your children to tough out situations as well. I felt in my heart this was the best thing to do and with Tony feeling the same way that was the confirmation I needed.

She is more involved because she is a cheerleader. And even more so because she absolutely LOVES cheering.

You can't imagine how happy that makes this momma. It's weird when there were things we wanted so bad when we were little but couldn't do them, and we feel as though our dreams come true when we see our own children get to live those dreams.

Here's praying for a great rest of the year!

Her friend Kylie on the left and my Meadow on the right. Aren't they just beautiful!


1 comment:

Debra Seiling said...

Dear Jenileigh,

I really enjoyed your post about how your daughter's change in school made a major difference in many areas. I think many parents are afraid to make the changes necessary to allow their children to grow up in a less stressful environment. I'm so pleased that this has worked out so well!!! Debbie Seiling