September 26, 2007

'I Am" Study by the Preacher's Wife lesson 2





Lesson Two - Beautiful To God

Discussion Questions:

What is your initial response when anyone suggests you are beautiful?


Well, it makes me uncomfortable. I don't really know why. I suppose because deep inside I don't always feel beautiful. Sometimes it is hard to accept a compliment in general but then I find that other times it isn't so hard.

Do you find you engage in a lot of negative 'self-talk'? How much of your thought life does this form of thinking consume?

I have dealt with this over time in my life so right now I do not engage in a lot of negative self talk. I know my talk influences my children too so I try to be especially careful. I do have my moments and have to admit that my weight is one area that *I* myself am not very pleased with. I am trying to see myself as God sees me and be confident in who I am in Christ and not who I look like in the flesh. I am seeing victory praise God!

What is the most radical transformation you've witnessed in an individual after they were born again? It's okay to tell about your own!

Transformation? I would have to say my husband. When he decided to live for Christ it was with all he is and all he has. I went to church for years without him because he said he didn't want to be a hypocrite and had things in his life he was not ready to give up. When the Lord touched him he gave up everything. It truly was amazing watching the Lord transform him. He shines for the Lord!

The imagery of being a City Girl has absolutely changed the way I perceive my worth before God. Does it yours? Will you receive this truth and let it boost your righteous confidence?

I loved this imagery! When I was young I use to watch Green Acres and played the role of the rich city girl. I will receive this truth from my Lord Jesus Christ and I ask Him to manifest this inside of me and use it as a witnessing tool in my life.

I am really enjoying this bible study. Join me?!

4 comments:

Susan said...

Following you along in this :o) I can tell you are truly enjoying it.
Susan

Heather C said...

I love hearing about hubby's who have been transformed. Mine was as well... God is so incredible! Loving the study... thanks for sharing your answers!

Lisa @ The Preacher's Wife said...

I love stories of husbands being born again. How wonderful you share your faith now!

I'm so sorry for the lateness of my visits. Life's been crazy but I'm trying to get back on track! :))

Lisa

♪♪Melody♪♪ and Puddin said...

Thank you for sharing about your husband. I have been praying for my husband to be changed also. It seems like I am the only woman without a Christian husband.I am constantly seeking to know how to be the wife for my husband that God wants me to be.