March 25, 2013

The Crud

It's spring fever.  That is what the name of it is.  And when you've got it, you want - oh, you don't quite know what it is you do want, but it just fairly makes your heart ache, you want it so!  ~Mark Twain

Ugh. I have caught the crud. Terrible cold in my head, sinuses and chest. I feel so weak you'd think I also had the flu. It's been through the whole house. Tony, V, Meadow and me. It seems like this stuff just lasts forever. I've done nothing all week but wallow around the house, sleep, laze, watch T.V., cough, manage a shower here and there and make it back into my pjs. I will be so glad when this mess passes.

It's been so cold. That old groundhog was full of hogwash. lol Not that I put any stock into that stuff anyway. But just the same old man winter has chosen to hang around as absolutely long as he can. I've never been one to complain about the winter. I love the cold and the snow. Or maybe I use to and I've just changed. It does seem as time has gone by I much prefer the warmer environments as opposed to the bitter cold of winter. My body seems to ache, my fingers and toes go numb, and I can't get warm.

I long for the spring air, the beautiful chirping birds, the buzzing bees, the gorgeous flowers, and the glorious sunshine. I long to close my eyes and bask in the warm heat. Maybe take a long walk.

Soon.

Spring is coming soon.

1 comment:

Debra Seiling said...

I agree. Everything seems so fresh when it's Spring! I hope you feel better soon. Debbie Seiling