April 1, 2013

Happy April 2013

"Now that the winter's gone, the earth hath lost
Her snow-white robes, and now no more the frost
Candies the grass, or casts an icy cream
Upon the silver lake or crystal stream;

But the warm sun thaws the benumbed earth,

And makes it tender; gives a sacred birth

To the dead swallow; wakes in hollow tree

The drowsy cuckoo and the humble-bee.

Now do a choir of chirping minstrels bring
In triumph to the world the youthful spring."
-  Thomas Carew, The Spring, 1630  




I am so thankful for April. It's a beautiful day. I smell spring in the air. The sunshine is feeding strength to my weak self. The birds are chirping beautiful music to my ears. A glorious day. It refreshes my soul. I wonder, what will today bring? I'm out and about to discover. Happy April y'all! 


No comments: