April 2, 2013

Another April Day



"This spring as it comes bursts up in bonfires green,
Wild puffing of emerald trees, and flame-filled bushes,
Thorn-blossom lifting in wreaths of smoke between
Where the wood fumes up and the watery, flickering rushes. 
I am amazed at this spring, this conflagration

Of green fires lit on the soil of the earth, this blaze

Of growing, and sparks that puff in wild gyration,

Faces of people streaming across my gaze."

-  D. H. Lawrence, The Enkindled Spring 


I love the feeling April brings. I've been in a slump for so long. It feels good to be slowly peeping out. Feeling hope. Feeling change. Wondering what comes next? What will I do? Where will I turn. Honestly, I'm so ready for a change. I've always dreamed of living on the mountain, not just at the foot of it. We've found two properties that would work so beautifully. But is now the time? Probably not. Dreaming is such fun. One day. One glorious day. The future holds so much hope. It's time to clean out. Spring cleaning must commence. That'll brighten everything and shake all the wintry blues out of the house. Fresh air, fresh starts, a new year. 2013. 


No comments: