January 19, 2014

Another Cake Date

These are pictures of our cake date. My best friend Melanie, my oldest daughter Heaven, and my newest grandson Henley took off to Greenboro to one of our absolute favorite dessert shops called Maxie B's. We laughed all the way there and home again. We sampled the finest of cakes and found some we absolutely loved and some that we could do without. We lounged on their couches next to cozy fireplace with double couches facing each other. A much needed girls night out.
Heaven, me, Henley, Melanie
 7 up cake-divine
 Banana Pudding Cake- delicious
 Our favorite spot in front of the fireplace. So cozy.

Mocha Buttercream-oh my goodness. 

Pink Lemonade with Lemon Buttercream. Eh- good but not my favorite.

The Outside of Maxie B's. Doesn't it look so romantic?

Fresh Strawberry Buttercream. Worth driving 1.5 hours.

Lemon cake with Almond Buttercream. This one blew my mind. You just don't expect it to be this good!

This was Thursday night. A midweek cake date for the girls. Can't wait until next time! 

No comments: