January 18, 2014

Enduring the Cold

What a lesson there is in that title.

The cold settles in and stays for a while when it comes. It lasts for it's season.

There are many good things about the cold. It certainly makes you appreciate the warm. It gives you excuses to cuddle with your children, your hubby and your doggies. I love that my doggies sleep with me. Foot warmers they definitely are. I've been thanking God today for the little things. Like gloves, and blankets, our home and gas logs. He is so good to me.

My precious daddy came by this morning for a visit and some warm coffee. He's so full of love. Our relationship with him has grown over the years, the appreciation for one another, time revealing that we stick together. He loves my dear husband Tony. I'm thankful that he is a loving, positive father figure for my husband - who lost his own father in 1994. He was not close to his own father and it means a lot to me that he has formed a bond with my own.

The bad things about the cold. The depression it brings in, the cold that seeps through to my bones, the attacks of the enemy from so many different people.  Well I guess that last one happens year round but this winter it seems as though he has definitely worked overtime. My husband has never had any real family other than his mother, his uncle Kenny and his aunt Bonnie. The devil seems determined to destroy his relationship with his mother and he is using his sister to do it. Tony and his sister have never been close. She's always been many things that aren't good. I'm not going to air it all out here as that wouldn't be fair. She has just gotten out of jail last August. We were both hoping for our families to be able to spend what's left of our lives together. Taking the time to get to know each other better, help each other out. She claims to have changed, she says she is different but all I see is the same mean, hateful, trouble starter she always was. Not caring about her own mother, keeping her so upset and starting so much stressful drama. I've been married to Tony for 20 years and it's always been this way. Somehow this time, I thought it would be different. The saddest thing is that his mother is believing his sister. All of her lies. If you've ever been blamed for something that you honestly didn't do then you can certainly understand how it feels. It's a horrible feeling.

The best thing is that the Lord is dealing with our hearts and our anger. We've made the decision to move forward and leave all the ugly behind. During this time the Lord has shown me how full of love and close my own family is. He has revealed all the truth to my family, my three girls and my husband. Now that we can all stand together it makes it better. It helps us to be stronger. It doesn't ease the pain of my husband's heart to have his relationship with his own mother destroyed but it helps him to move on.

I think that is what 2014 is going to be about.

Moving on. Moving on together. My next posts coming are going to bring more of our life. Less of those trouble and pictures of what we get to experience every day. Our children. Our grandchildren. Precious moments. Full of love. Focusing on the positive and letting go of the negative. Looking forward to where we are headed and not looking back to where we have been.

We will continue to pray for the truth to be revealed but we will not dwell on that we cannot change. Tony won't fight it. He never has. He'll sit back and allow his sister to do whatever it is she will do. In the end, I know, that the Lord will prevail. He will take care of it all.

It's going to be a good year.

We will endure the cold while it lasts and bask in the warmth of the sunshine that is to come!


No comments: