May 25, 2007

Headed To Oak Island

We are leaving for vacation with my parents on Saturday. I can't wait. We always try each year to pay for a vacation at tax time so nothing can zap it during the year. Last year was a hard year so we didn't get to go. This year was going great until right after we had paid for and committed ourselves to our beach house. Then Tony my husband ended up being out of work for almost 6 weeks. I'm not even going to get into what that done to us. We seriously contemplated cancelling but decided that since it was already paid for we were still going. We really do need it. And sometimes you just gotta do what ya gotta do!

Miss Mandalyn from Grace & Hope tagged me for a meme so I'm going to do my best. I haven't learned all the tricks of the trade yet so mine won't be fancy.

Here are the rules:
Link to name of person that tagged you.
Include state and country you live in.
List top five favorite local restaurants.
Tag 5 other people and let them know they've been tagged.

So....Here I go I live in Southwest Virginia near the Blue Ridge Mountains and to get to any of my favorite restaurants you have to travel around an hour. I don't have a favorite local, sorry but yuck! :)

1. Fresh Seafood- I love seafood it is my all time favorite, fried oysters, scallops, shrimp, lobster, crab legs, steamed clams, crab cakes and hushpuppies. I think I have to say dad's kitchen is the best...so I lied I have one favorite local place to eat. We usually do fresh seafood dinner at dad's two or three times a year.

2. Olive Garden- My favorite appetizer is the fried mushrooms my favorite entree here is the Chicken Marsala and of course the salad and breadsticks make this a perfect meal.

3. Outback- Filet Mignon with the Lobster Tail, baked potatoe and salad. mmmmmm

4. Kabuki's Japanese- Chicken and Shrimp and I love their rice. (I skip the soup)

5. Hamm's- The best sandwhiches and fried chips with homemade ranch dipping sauce. Yummy!!

And I tag...(well ladies I'm new so....I only have one to tag this week so I'm going to borrow a line I seen on another blog) You, you, you, you and Tammy's Moments

Have Fun! I did! :)

5 comments:

Mandalyn said...

Thanks for playing, Jenileigh! I love seafood, too! I haven't heard of any of those restaurants, except, of course, Outback!

I hope you have a wonderful vacation!!

Hen Jen said...

we like Olive Garden here too, I like the alfredo pizza-and of course the salad and breadsticks!

have a great time on vacation, can't wait to see photos!

Annie said...

Have a great trip!
blessings and prayers for safe travel.

Annie

Nicole said...

Olive Garden made the list again!..and wow Outback and their Filet Mignon with Lobster Tail sound so good! And Hamm’s chips with homemade ranch dipping sounds like a nice snack!

Ps thanks for doing the tag. I hope you enjoyed it.. If you know of anyone else doing it please feel free to send me a message and I’ll update them too on the updated list of tag doers

Anonymous said...

I think we share the same interest in seafood. Oh yeah.. especially calamaris :D

Hehehe.. Woo.. another olive garden and outback supporter! Yahoo!!!

Thanks for sharing ur list :)