June 17, 2007

God Is Always Moving

God never ceases to amaze me. I know He is a faithful God and I know I am in His hands, I know He is in control and I KNOW I can trust Him. BUT still when He moves so grately I'm always left amazed. It shouldn't surprise me that He is faithful but oh how His faithfulness moves me!

First I want to interject here for those who read my blog below about the situation with my daughter Heaven and the boy who is stalking her. Heaven has told this boy she does not want anymore contact with him. She is not giving him any hope whatsoever. Let me share here a little about this daughter, my oldest Heaven.

Heaven has always been different. I can remember Heaven reading her Bible as early as the age of 7 or 8. I was kind of in and out of church so to speak for many years. So Heaven was able to go when I was in and when I was out she would find ways to get to church, church buses, rides with friends, however she could. She was faithful during many years on her own. As a result of Heaven's prayers several years later I finally got serious about the Lord and her daddy came around a couple of years after that. But through all of this time I knew that God must have a special plan for her because of her sweet strong spirit. Her thirst, love and dedication for God was unlike anything I had ever witnessed personally.

Some time ago at our old church we had a few missionaries come and share on powerpoint the trips that they had taken to Lima, Peru. They shared testimonies of miracles that the Lord had done for them and the Peruvians. Stories of the protection and the souls saved. Our whole church was on fire for missions after they had gone. Sometime after this one of Tony's friends came by and shared that he was going on a missions trip with these missionaries to Lima, Peru. He had come over to ask if Heaven would like to go. We called Heaven in the kitchen to ask her about the trip and when she heard that she was being asked to go to Peru she was speechless. She then shared with us that she had felt like God was calling her into missions. She had asked God if this was His will for her and that if so He open the door for her to take a trip and someone had just walked through her front door and asked her to go!

Well needless to say I was really taken aback at this. I was rejoicing but reserved at the same time. My daughter was only 15 at the time and to hear that the Lord was calling her into missions was shocking to me. I was proud that she knew her calling and that she would be living for the Lord so strongly but yet at the same time I wondered is this her youth speaking, her heart or is this really God??

Heaven wrote out her testimony and we sent it out to everyone. The Lord brought in over $2000 in about fourteen days. We were accepting that this was the Lord's will for our daughter and she was going over seas. Then abruptly the trip was cancelled. We were all left a little dazed.

Let me add that Heaven had been in dance since she was three years old. The fall before all of this was happening she was not only taking several hours of dance each week she was also teaching dance. She had been seeking the Lord about her dance because it took so much of her time. She asked Him if it was His will for her to continue in dance with this heavy load. Shortly after this she tore the miniscus cartilage in her knee and had to have surgery which did pull her from dance. The following spring she went back to dance and once again tore the miniscus cartilage and had to go in for a second surgery. The doctor recommended that she not go back into dance professionally. I don't believe that God did anything to harm my daughter but I do believe God lifts back His hand and allows things to happen for His reasons.

Then this January the Lord led Heaven to apply for a missions trip with Brio Magazine from Focus on the Family. She was accepted so her first missions trip to Lima, Peru is this July. I really believe that the Lord asked us to be obedient and give Him our daughter even though we completely understood she was His anyway. I believe He wanted us to trust Him, to make this sacrifice. Once we obeyed He gave us all another year to prepare. Satan on the other hand has tried to get to Heaven in every way speakable including the situation with this stalker.

So as the time nears I have had to cast down thoughts of fear for my daughter. I had also wondered if maybe I had pushed her into this by being so strict in our beliefs? You know I suppose just plain ole doubt. I spoke with my Father and told Him my struggles and I asked for His forgiveness and for Him to comfort me in a bold way and to help me be strong. This morning at our church service the Lord gave our Pastor word for Heaven. I would like to share this with you.


TO HEAVEN 6.17.07 THE WORD OF THE LORD THROUGH PASTOR DAVID T. COLEMAN

AT TIMES YOU THINK YOU DO SOME OF THE THINGS YOU DO BECAUSE OF OTHER PEOPLE, MAYBE MOM OR MAYBE DAD, OR MAYBE JUST THE WAY THAT YOU’VE BEEN RAISED, BUT GOD SAYS, ‘MY HAND IS ON YOU, MY DAUGHTER, AND I HAVE CHOSEN YOU. I’VE CHOSEN YOU FOR A WORK TO DO. DON’T TAKE IT LIGHTLY. DON’T MISUNDERSTAND IT. FOR I THE LORD, YOUR GOD, WERE THERE BEFORE YOU WERE EVER BORN. MY HAND WAS STRETCHED FORTH. I HAVE CHOSEN YOU AND ORDAINED YOU, THAT YOU SHOULD GO FORTH AND BRING FORTH FRUIT’, SAYS THE SPIRIT OF GOD. ‘FOR I SAY, EVEN AS YOU GO TO THE NATIONS, AND EVEN AS YOU COME BACK TO THIS NATION’, SAYS THE LORD, ‘I AM BEGINNING TO START A FIRE INSIDE OF YOU THAT WILL CARRY YOU TO PLACES IN THE SPIRIT THAT YOU’VE NEVER DREAMED OF. FOR, YEA’, SAYS THE LORD, ‘I’M OPENING UP ANOTHER DIMENSION TO YOU. I’M CHANGING YOU ON THE INSIDE. I’M REARRANGING THINGS ON THE INSIDE, AND YOU’RE GOING TO BEGIN TO HAVE AN IDENTITY OF YOUR OWN, AND YOU’RE GOING TO SAY, ‘I HAVE A NAME THAT WAS GIVEN ME BY GOD. MY NAME IS HEAVEN, FOR GOD SAID, ‘THERE’LL BE A TOUCH OF HEAVEN ON EARTH AS YOU OPEN YOUR MOUTH AND AS YOU TELL THE GOOD NEWS OF JESUS CHRIST. FOR THE LORD SAYS, ‘TODAY IS A MARKED DAY AND A DAY OF CHANGE. YOU WILL NOT BE THE SAME, BECAUSE AS YOU BEGIN TO GO FORTH IN THE POWER OF HIS SPIRIT AND IN THE POWER OF HIS NAME, YOU’LL SEE THE AWESOMENESS OF YOUR GOD BEGIN TO OPERATE AND BEGIN TO MOVE.; SO THE LORD SAYS, ‘BE AWARE, AS MY PRESENCE IS UPON YOU NOW, AND AS MY PRESENCE WILL REMAIN WITH YOU AND GO BEFORE YOU, BE SENSITIVE AND HEAR MY VOICE’, SAYS THE SPIRIT OF GOD. ‘FOR THIS IS A GREAT DAY FOR YOU, A GREAT DAY’, SAYS THE LORD, ‘FOR NOW YOU KNOW OF A SURETY THAT IT IS I AND NOT YOU AND NOT MAN THAT HAS CHOSEN YOU’, SAYS THE SPIRIT OF GOD. ‘SO SET YOURSELF APART FROM THIS DAY FORWARD. YOU’RE GONNA’ HAVE TO MAKE CHOICES THAT WILL CAUSE CHANGES, AND YOU’RE GONNA’ HAVE TO SAY, ‘I GIVE MYSELF TO YOU, JESUS. HERE I AM. USE ME LORD GOD, USE ME.’ AND THE LORD SAYS, ‘I WILL BREAK YOU OPEN LIKE AN OFFERING, AND I WILL POUR YOU FORTH’, SAYS THE LORD, ‘AND SO SHALL MANY COME INTO THE KINGDOM OF THE LIVING GOD.”


This word came right at the end of our praise and worship before the preaching ever began. I just want to Thank my Lord for answering prayer, for being faithful and for loving us so much. I know He has called my daughter and HE will protect her AND He is going to use her to further His kingdom. Which is really each one of our purposes to extend the kingdom of the living God. We are all here for HIM, not ourselves. Our lives are not our own. Seek out His will in your life. He answers prayer!

1 comment:

A Captured Reflection said...

I came by your blog via Surviving Motherhood, and was drawn to this post. Have said some prayers for your daughter in preparation for Lima, Peru. I sense that the Lord has quite a call on her life, and that he wants to speak peace to you both as her parents that she is in his hands.