January 6, 2008

The Crud!

Yuck! I have had a horrid cough, chest cold, body achy mess since last week. I'm beginning to feel some better but still a lot of congestion in my chest. I passed it on to Tony and he's in the bed trying to rest before he has to head out on the road. I don't know how in the world he plans to drive as sick as he is. I was immobile for days.

I did manage to fix a wonderful Pot Roast today. I used Ree's recipe as my base and I added a lot of goodies and a homemade gravy sauce that turned out just scrumptious. I believe that searing those veggies before boiling makes a huge difference in the flavor. I served it in a nice lasagna dish that my dear mother in law gave me for Christmas and it looked like something served in a fancy restaurant and tasted better (honestly) than any other I've ever put in my mouth. If I can duplicate this recipe I've got a winner.

Next time I'm going to try to take pictures of each step and post them. This time I was just too tired and I didn't know if it was going to be worth showing. Now I know!

I hope you all are healthy and crud free....we appreciate your prayers!

1 comment:

Annie said...

Sounds yummy.
You have my prayers.