June 30, 2009

Sharing Wise Words

This is from a bloggy friend of mine. The whole post can be found at Internet Cafe Devotions-All The Things I Can Not Do.

Sometimes I find I can express myself very well, others I feel as though I have so much bottled up inside of me when I start to put it down on paper it doesn't come out right or I use too many words to get the point across. I read this the other day and it really hit home with some of the things the Lord has been revealing to me so I thought I would share this since it was said so well for me.

Proverbs 19:21 says, “Many are the plans in a man’s heart, but it is the Lord’s purpose that prevails.” (NIV) My God purposed me for a destiny created just for me. He knew my limitations before I did and that did not change His mind about the things He created me to do. When I let go of my predisposed beliefs about my purpose and I take on the purposes of God then I realize that “I CAN do everything through Him who gives me strength.” Phil 4:13

Now, I spend time listening to the heart of God. Using my gifts, strengths and abilities in alignment with Him allows me to overcome my disability and further the kingdom of God in a way I never could on my own.

Is there a circumstance in your life that has limited to you? Is there something you need to lay at the cross? Let’s take time today to get in touch with the one who created us and find out the purpose He has for each of our lives. In doing so, we can overcome our circumstances and become that which God created us to be.


I just couldn't have said it better myself.

1 comment:

Allie said...

Very wise words - thank you for sharing that hon!