June 14, 2011

Beautiful June

How I love the summer weather. I'm not a big fan of the heat but it so beats the depression that comes with the winter. Last year I was really on top of things with my exercise and eating habits. I managed to lose 30 pounds from February to October. It wasn't a drastic loss just a gradual loss and I never felt deprived or like I was on a diet or strict work out regimen. I was up to walking-jogging-walking 16 miles a week. Somewhere along late Fall, I fell back into a slump. I gained back my 30 pounds plus some. Which is typical for the person like me who lived her entire life being a human yo yo. ;)

I kept telling myself that I would start walking again this past February but it never happened. Now it's June and yesterday was my first 1 mile walk. Geez It almost killed me. I'm not kidding. It was all I could do to make myself place one foot in front of the other. The itching on my thighs is horrid. The sweating, the lack of oxygen, the slow pace, the inability to complete my 2 mile course. All I could think was, "Why in the world did I ever stop doing this?" Good times.

I was sore afterwards and my legs ached all night long. I had a bout with insomnia, my long lost friend, and couldn't fall asleep until nearly 2 am. It made for a wretched morning. Yet, in spite of all of this I felt better. Today I have more energy and the drive to walk again this afternoon. I am so glad the beginning is behind me, prayerfully it'll be downhill from here. Prayerfully.

On to other things......

I am totally loving my job. My schedule isn't too hectic. I love having the evenings, weekends, and holidays off. The doctor often takes days for personal time and I am salary paid so it doesn't reflect on my paycheck. Nice blessings.

I finished my spring semester of college and started my summer. It wasn't long into this semester when I found myself overwhelmed. I decided to drop my college load for the summer and resume in the fall. This was a big relief for me. It gives me guiltless time to spend with my nephew and grandson. :) Good times.

Sky and Meadow are glad to be out of school for the summer. Meadow had a great school year, while Sky struggled some. Meadow will be returning to public school for her fifth grade year but we are undecided on what to do for Sky. We are praying on whether to send her back to public school or to homeschool her again.

The temps here have been in the 90's! Today is a little cooler in the 80's. Oddly it seems like May brought forth the weather of August and June seems to holding the usual season of May. The sun is absolutely gorgeous. I love clear days like today.

We are planning to go to the beach in a couple of weeks. I am so excited. It's great to get the down time away from all of the hectic every day same old, same old.  The house that we have doesn't have T.V.'s in every room like every other year. I think it's going to be great to have all of the family together and no media instantly and individually available. Imagine everyone having to watch the same show. Wow. Good times. Good Times.

Well I guess for today that is about it. Till next time.......

No comments: