July 25, 2011

Flying By

I cannot believe how fast time goes by. I can remember longing for the spring and now I am registering the girls for the upcoming school year. Things are going well in our household. The biggest drawback is my tendancy to clutter. We simply have too many things. My middle daughter Sky has been a gem and has been cleaning and organizing the den and kitchen. It feels so good to have a clean home.

The next projects are the classroom and basement. Ugh, they are so big they can be overwhelming. Well, who am I kidding? They are overwhelming and that is exactly why we haven't tackled them yet. I have such plans for my classroom. I want to turn it into a prayer room. I have to get it empty before I can paint and begin my venture though. I also have to tackle my own room. Meadow has worked hard on her room this week but she still has so many toys and clothes that need to go so that it won't be so hard for her to keep clean.

Decluttering. It is no fun but it is very rewarding when all the hard work is finished. If it were up to me I would back a truck up to the door and haul it all away. You can't do that if anyone is watching because there would be too many protests. No one wants to get rid of their things but if you didn't even know it was there for the last couple of years do you really need it?

Work is going well. I am planning to take at least one class this fall. Quite honestly I need to take two classes but I'm just not sure if I want that work load. If I can manage one class each semester I may be able to keep better grades. It is very hard working full-time, going to school, raising girls, being a wife and keeping a home. I like working though, I have to admit it has helped me to keep a better schedule and it helps me to feel better. Somehow I feel more accomplished. If left to the house for some reason I seem to fall back into my slump. I just can't seem to get myself motivated in spite of all the work that needs to be done.

I suppose that is enough for now. I look forward to posting about the completed project!

No comments: