November 23, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

Life just rolls along. It doesn't matter if you are ready for it or not, come what may, you simply cannot slow down time. I'm rolling with it for a change, instead of laying back as it passes me by. I've set goals and I'm working hard.

Change is hard. It's not only hard on the one changing but on those who are affected by the one is who is changing.

Such is life.

I am so very thankful for my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I am thankful for His mercy and grace. My, oh my, how He blesses me each and every single day.

My papa passed away this week. It's been so hard letting go. When nannie passed, a year and a half ago, it was harder seeing papa mourn his wife of 65 years. When papa went, it helped to think of him meeting her on the other side. Yet, at the same time, there is such a thickness, this solidity in me, this deep knowing and understanding that this was the passing of a wonderful generation. How I wish that I could hear my papa tell me his stories again. If only I could have preserved their knowledge.

My girls are growing up. My Heaven was 21 this year and my grandson turned one. Sky turns 16 and Meadow turned 10. I hit 40. Such big years for all of us.

1-wow a year already?

10-double digits-the tween years begin!

16-ah sweet sixteen

21-wow I'm really an adult

and 40

40 has seemed so sad. Knowing that I'm halfway through this journey. And that is just a guesstimate.

My prayer if that I enjoy every moment, embrace every day, appreciate every tiny thing. That I open my eyes and not miss a thing. I pray for strength, for true grit, to fight for all that is right, to climb any mountain no matter how big or how tall, and to love with all my mite. Father, lead me, teach me, show me the way. Prepare me for battle.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

No comments: