November 11, 2007

Jesus ~ All I Have is You

ALL I HAVE
Tim Dobbelmann, Gabriel Brennan, Nate Brennan


What have I in this life
But the love in Your eyes
This empty world will one day fade
Only Your truth will remain

Jesus, all I have is You
You're the hope I'm holding to
I might weep but still my faith

Rests in You

As the heavens hold the skies
It's Your hand that holds my life
And Your love will lead me on
When all else is gone

End

I love this song. I lift my hands and pour out my soul and I sing to my Savior. Every word is so true. What have I in this life? But the love in YOUR eyes, oh my Jesus. How I thank You for the love, how I need it so.

This empty world will one day fade....how I feel it fading already. Time moving so fast, my children growing, my skin aging, things all around me changing.

Only Your truth will remain. How I love the truth. In times of despair, when my flesh rises up against me, when emotions try to take over and consume me, when my spirit cries out from the depths of me it is the truth and only the truth that sustains me.

JESUS,
all I have is YOU,
You're the hope I'm holding to
I might weep
but still my faith
rests in YOU

As the heavens hold the skies....I can see the heavens holding the skies when I close my eyes....It's Your hand that holds my life at this moment I remember what I realized so long ago, my life is because of Him, I'm alive because Jesus saved me, because He sent forth laborers to share His truth, He matured me and gave me revelation knowledge of His power, He gave me the keys to the kingdom and delivered me and set me free. And my life still rests in His hands, every breath I take, each and everyday.

And Your love will lead me on when all else is gone.... This reopens my eyes and speaks volumes to my ears and understanding to my soul, body and spirit. He will lead me on, He will never let go, however long it takes Him to return He will remain faithful to me on this journey. Even when all else is gone, through the deepest valleys, come what may, persecutions, warfare, battle. Oh my battle cry today is:

Jesus,

all I have is YOU

YOU'RE the hope I'm holding to

I might weep

But still my faith

Rests in YOU

2 comments:

Susanne said...

Beautiful song. I don't think I've ever heard it before but the words are absolutely true and powerful!

Susan said...

Truly He is all we need!!!
Susan