October 21, 2008

Unplanned day

Today instead of schooling as we had planned we attended a funeral. My bestfriends grandmother passed away Friday and today was her funeral. It was so sad. Her grandmother had not been sick, she was still driving herself and was completely in her right mind, which is wonderful that no one had to care for her before she went home to be with our Father, but her death was so out of the blue and unexpected. I think that situation alone, having no time prepare, made it a lot harder. My friend's daddy had passed away years ago and her mom is divorced and remarried. In a lot of ways this was an end to this side of the family for her. We had lunch with her and her family after the funeral and then we went to her house and had a nice long visit. We didn't get home until 7:30 tonight. It was a long day but it was nice to be able to take the girls and be there for my friend. Homeschooling enables you to live more of your life together. Tomorrow we have a play date planned and Wednesday, my dad is taking us to the zoo!

3 comments:

Elaine said...

I think that is awesome you homeschool your girls. I was homeschooled from 6th to 9th grade. I know those years formed me to be the person I am today. The hours my mother spent with me teaching me are priceless. What a blessing.

Redefining Paradise- Rachel said...

Sorry to hear about the loss......we are going to a funeral ourselves on Friday. It is always a tough time..Blessings

Susan said...

Glad you were able to be there for your friend. Such a very important thing to do.
Susan