June 3, 2012

Sunday, Glorious Sunday

My all time high in weight was 218. I'd given up. I told myself that I no longer cared about weight. Every time my weight shifted down my vanity shifted up. It was hard for me to keep myself in check because once I began to FEEL better I wanted different things in life. That was a heart issue.

The heart is deceitful above all things.

I want Jesus more than life. I want to be His servant. In order to do this my health HAS to be in check.

My blood work is the pits. I'm low on most everything.

Iron, Vitamin D, Calcium, Magnesium, B Vitamins. I could go on but I forget.

My lipids and cholesterol are too high. Way too high.

They put me on Crestor to fix that.

My blood pressure is high, way too high.

They put me on 2 medicines to control that.

I take antidepressants.

In spite of all of my physical ailments and I am so happy. I am so blessed.

I have a wonderful marriage, an incredible husband, great parents, a loving sister, a precious brother, three beautiful girls, a fabulous son-in-law and a doting grandson that stole my heart.

I'm a student. Getting ready to begin my lifelong dream of RN school.

My daughter is going on a missions trip for two months this summer.

God is so good to me.

It is time for me to start being good to myself. I love eating healthy and working out. I can't explain why I don't do it. I will for a while and then quit. The up and down cycle that I refer to as the human yo yo cycle.

I want a change.

I need a change.

It's time for change.

It's time to move forward. I am not a quitter, I never have been. I'm a fighter. It's been in my blood since I was born. My weight does NOT define me, BUT I will reclaim my health.

Welcome to the beginning, another beginning, of my journey.

A journey to health.

A healthy body.

A healthy soul.

A healthy spirit.

(For a study on the body, soul and spirit read here:
http://www.faithandhealthconnection.org/the_connection/spirit-soul-and-body/ )

No comments: