June 3, 2012

Counting Down

My sweet Savannah Sky will be leaving on Monday June 11th for a 53 day stay in East Africa. Trip is paid for and all airline tickets are paid for. Now we are packing, gathering things on the need list, and continuing to take donations for trip insurance and pocket money she will need with her while she is gone. God is so good and so faithful. I have moments I cry because I am going to miss my smiling, loving girl sooooooooo much, but then I remember, she is not mine, she is HIS and He is sending her.

In so many ways this trip is such a blessing for V and the Lord knew this when He planted that seed in her heart. She has experienced so much rejection from her friends because of her difference, but I know God has a plan for her. He created her just the way she is and those who choose to walk away from her miss out on so much fun!

She is growing up. She will be a Senior this year and turning 17. Wow, where does the time go? My middle baby girl will be flying the coop sooner than I care to see her go and yet I am so happy for her. I pray the Lord lay down a clear path and that this trip give her the confidence that she needs to walk that path alone. The path that leads to new places and new people. The path that leads her in His will. The path that teaches her to serve.

I pray that the Lord keep His ever loving arms stretched out far around her. I plead the blood of Jesus over her and I pray that the Lord give her strong discernment. Strengthen her spiritually and give her VISION! In Jesus' precious name! Amen

No comments: