December 30, 2011

Being a Mimi

I just love being a Mimi. I love it I say, I love it. I am amazed at the joy it brings me. The bond formed between my oldest daughter and me. The bond formed between my son-in-law and me. The unspeakable bond formed between my little grandson and me. I never, even in my wildest imaginations, envisioned the relationship that being a Mimi would bring.

Treyton has become a new best friend. All those years I prayed so hard for a boy. God is so good to me.

Everyone in my home has the crud. Today I had to take Tony, Meadow and Treyton to the Doctor. Then I brought them all home and went to pick up a few groceries and fill their prescriptions at 3 different pharmacies. Yep, 3 different ones. I had to visit 2 of them twice. I was gone for an hour and a half.

I finally got home and got everyone dosed. Ha ha! Then cooked a heavy lunch of mesquite chicken tenders, mashed potatoes, stuffing, macaroni and cheese with Hawaiian sweet rolls. We all had grace and ate at the table together. Treyton was the center of attention, keeping us all laughing. Then everyone went down for a nap. Meds taken care of and bellies full. They are all on their way to feeling better.

I am so thankful that my schedule has given me a well needed break over the past two weeks. It felt good to be home, to be a wife, a mommy and a Mimi. It felt good taking care of my family. I have such a sweet feeling of achievement, self worth, and peace. I love being content. I love my family. We are all blessed far beyond measure.

My work schedule resumes next week with school following the week after and instead of facing my new semester with dread I face it with anticipation. I'm one step closer to my goal. One step closer to my program. Once I get in the Dental Hygiene program my schedule will lighten a tad bit. Then I'll just be in school and not having to work full-time and attend school full-time. Finally, once I graduate, I'll only work a three days a week at excellent pay with no more school for a while. Unless, I decide to go for my Bachelors, which I may do on the side.

I'm so glad I home schooled my girls the years I did and stayed at home taking care of my family. My house has never been tidy but it's always been full. Full of love, full of life, full of drama, full of family. I'm thankful for the quality of life we have in every essence.

Thank-You Lord for all You give to us.

And in that day you will say, Give thanks to the Lord, call upon His name and by means of His name [in solemn entreaty]; declare and make known His deeds among the peoples of the earth, proclaim that His name is exalted! Isaiah 12: 4

No comments: