December 31, 2011

I'm Not Immune!

I woke up this morning with no voice. It seems that after a week of taking care of my family this virus has finally hit me. I was so hoping it would pass right on through the house without attacking me. Fat chance. I just spoke with the hotel that my parents had booked for Tony and I as our Christmas present and they are going to roll our reservation over to the end of the month. I'm so thankful. There is just no way we could go tonight and enjoy it.

So... it looks like we will be rolling in the New Year quietly and with tons of mucous and hacking coughs! I'm not complaining though. We usually spend every New Year together as a family, playing card games, and eating great food. I'm going to whip up some creative mexican tonight with a taco ring loaded with all the trimmings and lots of fresh avocado. Mmmm Comfort foods. I've also rented nine new release movies. We will all be sniffing, blowing, coughing and hacking together. A family. I can't wait to roll in the New Year together!

Happy New Year Blogosphere! May you all be blessed and fulfilled this New Year.

Welcome 2012!

No comments: