December 30, 2012

Breakfast Bar Sundays

We set the clock and got up early this morning. My daddy, Heaven, Matt and Trey all met us here at our house around 8:30. We all went to Mt. Airy to Golden Corral for the breakfast bar. Breakfast is Tony's favorite food. He'd been wanting to go for a long long time. It was good. I'm more of a fancy restaurant girl. I prefer Carabas, Outback, Long Horn or little country places like Dixie Pig. I'm not much on buffets but I had a wonderful time and thoroughly enjoyed my morning with my family.

It's the fellowship that makes the experience. I'm so blessed to have to the love and support from such a tight knit family. The spirit of love that dwells amoung us is beautiful. It's soothing to the soul. Refreshing to the bones. It lifts you up.

My Jesus is love.

He is my Savior.

He is my courage and my strength.

Do you know Him?

He's my very best friend.

My confidant.

He guides my foot steps and leads me along the path He created for me.

He's faithful.

In honor of Him we decided to ride out to one of my favorite places on earth (I have several). We rode out to Kibbler Valley. We rolled down the windows (in spite of Heaven's complaints of the cold) and we listened.

What a beautiful sound the river makes as it runs. The air was so fresh and crisp. It made me feel alive and rejuvenated.

We took a few pictures.

It had changed some since my last visit. New cabins, remodels, gazebos, decks, new fishing holes, camping spots. One day Tony and I plan to have a small piece of land there. Even if just to place a camper there right next to the river. I can't wait.

Down in that deep valley, in the deep crevice of those mountains, it's beautiful. It makes it hard to relate the comparison you always hear about being on the mountain top or being in a valley. The mountain top is suppose the greatest moment while the valley is suppose to be the lowest. For me, their beauty is the same. The presence of Christ is so real you can feel Him just as strongly in either place. Maybe that is the point, He never leaves us.

I love the Mountains.

I love the Valley just as much.

These scriptures are so beautiful.......

Deuteronomy 8:7  For the LORD thy God bringeth thee into a good land, a land of brooks of water, of fountains and depths that spring out of valleys and hills;

Isaiah 41:18  I will open rivers in high places, and fountains in the midst of the valleys: I will make the wilderness a pool of water, and the dry land springs of water.

Seek Him, for He is seeking you. 

Here is a glimpse of the homes in the valley and some of the river, but these do not do the river justice. I'll take better ones soon.

I love how the parents set this slide up right next to the steps. What a neat idea.
 The water is so beautiful and my pictures-these pictures-do not do Kibbler Valley any justice.
 A privately owned picnic area.
 A beautiful cabin. I love this design.
 An older cabin.
 This is a neat little camp site. It's for sale. It's small but it's right next to the river. Tony and I have seriously discussed this as a future venture for us. We plan on getting a nice camper when I graduate from RN school and a place like this would be perfect for set up.
 The water again.
 Another private owned sweet spot.
 again.
 beautiful
 Cute cabin
 Neat rock, it hangs way over. The picture doesn't bring it to life at all. It's breathtaking in person.
 This is me standing under the rock and looking up to take the picture.
 It was cold, see the Icicles?
 Now this is a nice place.
 You see the mountains behind it. This place is beautiful.
 This is an older home being remodeled.
 This place is across the river. Very hard to get pictures of, but this is my dream place. I love this home. It has been remodeled but kept so original. I love the 'Little House on the Prairie' feel to this.
 Another Shot
 Again.
 This is beautiful but way to fancy for my taste.
 Another private owned site
 Again, another private owned site. I love the old cement table and seats.
 One of many bridges.

I hope to go back to Kibbler Valley soon. The next time will be planned and I will be sure to take my good camera, my Nikon D7000 and my zoom lense. These pictures were taken with my small point and shoot Olympus that I keep in my purse. It's a nice little camera but it doesn't capture the detail my Nikon does.

So, that's a wrap to my breakfast bar Sunday.

It's time for me to go and start studying, I see lots of medication administration in my future.......

No comments: