November 11, 2012

Senior Pictures for Sky

I cannot believe that I am taking my middle daughter to have her Senior pictures made. She is graduating 2013 at 17 years old. I am so proud of her. She will be in the school annual, we are ordering her class ring, and she will be testing very soon.

I cannot believe how fast time flies. It seems like yesterday that she was my baby girl. Those huge gaunt blue eyes. Mommy's girl. My hip baby. Out of my three girls she was the one who was most dependent on me. She'd rather be by my side then playing on her own. I can remember that my oldest daughter Heaven loved Barbies. She collected them. She took care of them. She saved them. I know that my youngest daughter Meadow loves the Littlest Pet Shops, she takes care of them, collects them and always plays with them.

But not my Sky. She always liked people better than toys. She never played alone. She hated being independent. She thrives when around others. She has always been this way. Often times it makes things harder for her because most of her friends aren't like this and they find her clingy. It's brought the two of us closer. She is so special to my heart. She confides in me. I let her. No judgment. Only direction. I share with her my heart as she shares with me hers and I pray that she makes the best decisions for her life. I pray that when she doesn't, she learns from her mistakes.

It wasn't always this way between us. She taught me so much about relationships, life and parenting. She showed me that not all children are alike. She taught me that I did not know everything and that I was not always right just because of my experiences.

I admire her.

The biggest things I want her to remember is that you never give up. You never quit. You just keep putting one foot in front of the other. Always be striving towards a goal. Enjoy life. Never focus on other people's opinions of you. Be an over comer. Forgive. Move on. Protect yourself. Believe in yourself. You can do anything through Christ who continually strengthens you. Without Him we are nothing. Never judge. Fight for other people's rights as you fight for you own. Love at all times.

She does all of these. I am one proud momma.

Congratulations Class of 2013!

No comments: