November 6, 2012

Voting Day

I just don't feel the love. The things that I dislike the most about politics are the lies and disrespect. I also loathe those that say they are voting for Christian principles. Really? I mean when is the last time there was truly someone leading our country that really had morals? Much less Christian principles. To me, when it comes to voting things need to come from a different perspective.

Freedom and rights. That is what America is suppose to be about. My freedom to be a Christian. Someone else's freedom not to. My Lord has never forced anyone to serve Him. He calls. He doesn't force.

I believe that being gay, according to the word of God is a sin. So is theft, murder, adultery, rape, lying, hating, gossiping, witchcraft, idolatry, gluttony. The list goes on and on and on. BUT as a Christian I do as my Jesus does me. I love the sinner and hate the sin. I believe in a person's right to be gay and have legal rights in America. They should not be treated as second class citizen's just because of my beliefs. This truly does remind me so much of slavery, inter-racial marriage, and the fact that color use to determine someone's rights.

I don't believe in abortion. I don't believe it should be legal. Yet as a Christian I completely understand that making abortion illegal is not going to stop abortion. Christians who so strongly oppose abortion should be DOING something. Loving those moms, not judging them. Witnessing to them, helping them, praying for them all in love. I do not believe in hate crimes. I'm sorry but that would mean that my faith is no different than any other. Jesus is love. If Christians truly loved the way Jesus did THEN and only THEN would people see a love they'd never experienced before.

Do I want my rights taken away in America? Do I want to lose my privilege to serve and worship my Lord and Savior? Do I want to lose my right to own and read His word? NO, I certainly do not. So then, I must fight for other's rights as well. I cannot ask to be given something that I feel I have the right to take from someone else.

This election is tough. I don't have a favorite candidate. BUT I can say for Christians to so blindly vote one way because they claim one man is a Christian is ridiculous. Mormonism is no different than Muslim ism. The lesser of two evils is still evil. A known enemy is safer than a wolf in sheeps clothing.

I want to say to vote because of what each candidate can do for America. Separate the church and the state. I don't want the government controlling my faith anyway. Yet, even so, my heart feels this election is a lose/lose situation.

I just can't stand to hear people claim that one is the Christian choice. So many are blindly led to the slaughter. Think for yourselves people!

And no matter how you vote, VOTE! 

 

No comments: