March 14, 2012

Praying Psalm 91

Psalm 91
He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD,
“He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.”
Surely he will save you from the fowler's snare and from the deadly pestilence. He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart. You will not fear the terror of night, nor the arrow that flies by day, nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness, nor the plague that destroys at midday.
A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you. You will only observe with your eyes and see the punishment of the wicked. If you make the Most High your dwelling-- even the LORD, who is my refuge—then no harm will befall you, no disaster will come near your tent. For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways; they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone. You will tread upon the lion and the cobra; you will trample the great lion and the serpent.
“Because he loves me,“ says the LORD, ”I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name. He will call upon me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him. With long life will I satisfy him and show him my salvation” (NIV).

I use to pray this every single morning and every single night over my home and family. I actually had a tape that I would play, where people would join me in praying this over our property, home and family. It was a very powerful time of prayer for me. I love the part that says, "He will cover you with His feathers and under His wings you will find refuge." I look at my back piece and see my sparrows and I am comforted knowing my Father is my protector. I am comforted knowing His love for me is so strong. Pray out loud with me, for your self and your family if you will. Of course the Lord hears our hearts but praying out loud is a powerful tool!

Father I speak Psalms 91 over my home and family. (Read it aloud now) I stand firmly on Your word and Your promises. I thank You for warmth and protection. In the name of Jesus Christ, I bind my body, soul and spirit to the will and purposes of God.  I bind myself to the truth of God.  I bind myself to the awareness of the power of the blood of Jesus working in my life every day.  I bind my mind to the mind of Christ so I can have the thoughts, purposes and feelings of His mind and heart in me.  I bind my feet to the paths you have ordained for me to walk, God, that my steps will be strong and steady.  I bind myself of the work of the cross with all its mercy, truth, love, power, forgiveness and dying to self.  I know that this is where the power to become a new creature in Christ, lies. Lord, I repent of having wrong attitudes and thoughts; I renounce them now and ask your forgiveness.  I loose every old, wrong, pattern of thinking, attitude, idea, desire, belief, habit and behavior that may still be working in me.  I tear down, crush, smash and destroy every stronghold I have erected to protect them.  I bind myself to the attitudes of Jesus Christ. Father, I loose the power and the effects of any harsh or hard words, or any word curses, spoken about me, to me or by me.  I loose any stronghold thinking still connected to them.  I loose all generational bondage thinking from myself.  Thank you, Jesus, that you have promised that whatever I bind and loose on earth that is in accordance with the will of the Father, will be bound and loosed in heaven. I bind up every force of evil that has set itself against my husband, our marriage, our children, our ministry and the call on our lives that God has revealed and has yet to reveal to us and I loose the Powers of God: warring angels, ministering angels, and the Holy Spirit against this attack that we have authority over in the mighty name of Jesus Christ. AMEN!

No comments: