July 25, 2007

Wordless Wednesday Happy Birthday To Meadow

 
My Wordless Wednesday isn't so wordless this week! I just have to share this. Meadow has been wanting a kitty cat for a really long time. Her dad isn't a cat lover and I think it may be safe to say he was the opposite of that. Since Meadow was old enough to talk she has asked for a kitten. At three she began praying for one. Over the years we have pleaded with daddy to give in but he just wouldn't. Then this year as Meadow was getting ready to turn six, and still asking for a kitten, something in my husband changed. Maybe he is getting soft in his old age, all is I know is that he decided to let us get Meadow a kitten for her birthday.

I hunted everywhere because Meadow wanted a white kitten. I finally came across these two little beauties and knew they were the ones. Imagine Tony's reaction when I called and asked permission for not just one kitten but two! I was SHOCKED when he replied, "I guess."

So, the day of Meadow's birthday Heaven and I went and picked up the kittens. One boy that I named Brodie and a girl for Meadow to name. I took them to the vet and brought them home in their pet taxi. We all gathered in Meadow's room and sat the kitten's taxi on her bed and closed her door. We called for Meadow to come in her room and when she opened her door she seen the kittens on her bed and gasped, "Are they real Mommy?!" We all just laughed! She named her little girl Gracie and then she screamed, "This is just like a dream mommy, I hope I don't wake up!"

This was one of the most memorable birthdays I've ever enjoyed. I told Meadow that God had heard and answered her prayers at the most perfect time! Because of her wait she appreciated them so much more. And her daddy knew he had just made his little princess the happiest princess in the world!

My baby girl is growing up. 6 Time truly does fly.

To view more Wordless Wednesday's visit 5 Minutes For Mom!

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beauty she is! Way to go dad on making your little girls dreams come true- that will last her a lifetime!!

Candi said...

Awww....I bet she is enjoying the new kittens!!

Susan said...

That would be a double blessing!
Susan

Annie said...

Precious pics!!!

Jenileigh said...

I love these pictures of Meadow on her birthday. Hard to believe it's been 6 years since then. This year she is coming up on 12 years old. My how time flies.