July 5, 2007

Heaven Leigh

 

Here is the e-mail I received from my dearest Heaven in Peru!

Mommy,
As it turns out it is two dollars for every fifteen minutes and its in spanish! I miss you guys so much and would kind of like to come home. I know everything is going to be fine and God's will is being done. Nothing new so far besides we are in Peru. Our resort is beautiful and quiet too. Tomorrow we go out on our first mission. Please keep us in your prayers. I love you all so much and will do my best to call. I'm healthy and fine. Don't worry about me whatsoever! And you've only pushed me when I need it mom. I love you with all of my heart.
Heaven

This e-mail rested my heart some! I had told her to make sure she clearly stated if she was healthy and fine or not so she did! LOL! She said it was really loud in Miami with all of them together so I know she is thankful it is more quiet where they are now. I cried of course when I read the part of her *kind of* liking to come home. It is just so hard letting go. I can't believe she will be 18 next year! My how time flies.

Please continue prayer for Heaven and the other girls, leaders and trainers. The Lord led my husband to pray for Him to protect, lead and annoint her. Only 10 more days!!!

Pictures are up for Monday and Tuesday so far, but sadly none of Heaven. I think she hides when they take pictures! Check them out here:
Brio Missions PERUve iT!!! Teen Missions 2007
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

A Captured Reflection said...

Thanks for sharing. Good to hear she is well and safe. Yay! As I was praying (and I'm sure you've already covered this base), but I felt the importance of Heaven and the team praying protection over their dreams at night, and in their rooms. Being in a new country, different spiritual stuff etc.

Susan said...

What a sweet e-mail. I know it touched your heart.
Susan

Susanne said...

As you know I totally know how you feel! How sweet of her to email you and put your mind at ease.

Annie said...

That is the sweetest email! I know you miss her, but time will fly and she'll be back home! She'll have so many stories to tell you!

Joyful Days said...

Prayers, many prayers for blessings to rain down on Heaven and your whole family.

Deborah said...

Just this morning I had wondered if you had heard from your daughter! What a wonderful woman of God she is becoming. love always me

Karen Hossink said...

Oh, she loves you so much!!! And she loves God, and He is going to do wonderful things in and through her during this trip.
He is making her into the woman He wants her to be, and I hope you are filled with joy as you consider the role He has given you in this whole process.
Much love,
Karen

Mrs. C said...

I can only imagine what it will be like when that time comes...12 more years to savor!