January 25, 2013

Worth Remembering

This is so hard for me to keep in mind. I'm such a peace keeper. I can get angry but the anger never lasts. I am so forgiving. In forgiving, my heart wants to jump out there and and fix the relationships too. Sometimes, things are best left alone. I'm thankful that the Lord has moved the people He has out of my life. People who took from me, used my words against me, talked about me behind my back, and never thought of me as a true friend to begin with. I was laughed and mocked. I was envied and attacked. I was accused when I pursued and tried so hard to offer my all as a friend. I always wondered why I wasn't good enough. But that's okay. The Lord has always had His hand upon me to protect me.

One of my favorite ways the Lord has protected me is through my husband. My husband always shares his heart with me and warns me of what the Lord shows him in the spirit. I've always insisted on learning my own lessons the hard way. It's taken me some time, but in hindsight I can see how right my husband was and I can spend our future trusting his guidance which comes from the Lord. 

So, I don't have to patch up things that other people tore. I just have to forgive and love from the distance God sets between us. And I do still love those that are gone.

God has in turn replaced those people He removed, with people who want me as a friend, appreciate my friendship, and offer me the same friendship and love in return.

Proverbs 18:24 "A man that hath friends must shew himself friendly : and there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother."

No comments: